5 May 2011

DON'T MIX DRINKS--STICK TO GUINNESS--DUMB BARMAN AND MANAGER WHO SAID IT'S OKAY!

IT'S IRELAND, DRINK AND A STUPID ENGLISHMAN, THEY DON'T MIX!


A Tipperary court has heard that a hotel guest downed up to 10 shots of spirits in one glass for a party trick before he died from acute alcohol poisoning.

British man Graham Parish was celebrating his 26th birthday when he slumped off his bar stool in the Hayes Hotel in Thurles on June 30, 2008.

Two bar staff have pleaded not guilty to his manslaughter in the first case of its kind under Irish liquor liability laws.

Bar manager Gary Wright and barman Aidan Dalton, both with addresses in Borrisoleigh in Co Tipperary today entered not guilty pleas to the charge of the manslaughter of Graham Parish, an unemployed father of two from Lomeshaye, in east Lancashire in the UK.

Nenagh District Court has heard that Mr Parish had been drinking Guinness for more than three hours before one vodka shot was put in his pint, which he drank in one go. Two vodka shots were put in another pint he drank.

Paddy McCarthy, senior counsel for the State told the jury that "some competition went on" and Mr Parish said he could down 10 spirits in a pint glass before his colleagues could down their pint.

Mr Mc Carthy added: "The barman filled it up, asked the manager and the manager gave the ok for the purpose of serving it. He downed the drink in one go.''

Mr Parish later slumped off his bar stool and was carried from the bar to a conference room in the hotel, where he was found with vomit on his face by a night porter at 6.15am the following morning. 


DON'T MESS WITH THE GUINNESS
IT CAN KILL YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

The wheel of death, it keeps on giving!

Based on an article by Chris Silvini, Townsville Bulletin Hasn’t it been quite the spectacle watching our pollies take on the wheel of d...