- Corporation tax rate to remain unchanged at 12.5%
- 5billion euros in tax rises by lowering the threshold-Result-The lowest paid to pay more tax
- Minimum wage cut by one euro to 7.65 euros per hour- Result-The lowest paid loose 40 euros a week
- 2.8billion euros of welfare cuts by 2014-Result-The people that that need it, loose it.
- 24,750 public sector jobs to be cut.-Result higher unemployment
- Unemployment to fall from 13.5% to below 10% by 2014-Result-Wet pants-Pissing against the wind
- VAT up from 21% to 22% in 2013, then 23% in 2014-Result-A big slug for the poor
- The government wants to bring more people into the tax net by lowering thresholds thus bringing more of the low paid into the tax system, there is no mention of increasing the tax levels on the higher paid. The bulk of the money is to begin being raised in the 2011 tax year.
- THIS PRIME MINISTER KNOWS HOW TO HURT
28 Nov 2010
IRISH GOVERNMENT--LEECHES TO THE END--WHY HIT THE LOWEST PAID THE HARDEST?
AN UNCARING GOVERNMENT SLUGS THE MOST VULNERABLE, IT DOESN'T HAVE THE GUTS TO GO AFTER THOSE THAT CAN AFFORD TO PAY
The mural on the side of the gun store proclaims: “A Savior is Born.” There’s a manger scene below the star of Bethlehem and windows fest...