- Its combustion engine is similar in design to diesel equivalents in conventional buses
- Compressed gas is stored in dome-like tanks on the roof of the Bio-Bus
- The gas is generated through anaerobic digestion - where oxygen starved bacteria breaks down biodegradable material to produce methane-rich biogas
- To power a vehicle, the biogas undergoes "upgrading", where carbon dioxide is removed and propane added
- Impurities are removed to produce virtually odour free emissions
- Compared to conventional diesel vehicles, up to 30% less carbon dioxide is emitted.
21 Nov 2014
I'd give load of shit to ride this bus.
UK's first 'poo bus' goes into service between Bristol and Bath
The UK's first bus powered entirely by human and food waste has gone into service between Bristol and Bath.
The 40-seat "Bio-Bus" runs on biomethane gas generated through the treatment of sewage and food waste.
The eco-friendly vehicle can travel up to 300km (186 miles) on one tank of gas, which takes the annual waste of about five people to produce.
It is run by tour operator Bath Bus Company and will shuttle people between Bristol Airport and Bath city centre.
The biomethane gas is generated at Bristol sewage treatment works in Avonmouth, which is run by GENeco, a subsidiary of Wessex Water.
GENeco general manager Mohammed Saddiq said: "Gas-powered vehicles have an important role to play in improving air quality in UK cities but the Bio-Bus goes further than that and is actually powered by people living in the local area, including quite possibly those on the bus itself."A single passenger's annual food waste and shit would fuel the Bio-Bus for 37 miles (60km)
AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM: my attempt with minor changes. Adding 'dream time' might it may help us recognise the original peoples of our land.
My version:- AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM Australians all let us rejoice, this ancient land that sets us free The dream time i...
As you can see I still smile a lot. Why because its free,no tax on it yet?
Canberra:- A war zone in Woden, buildings boarded up, windows smashed, a bloody mess for seven years.SEVEN YEARS OF NEGLECT. GUESS WHO'S FAULT? NOBODY? ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT. BUCK PASSING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME ...
Extract from an article by Tim Minchin To Politicians. Learn how to talk to the people, he says: “ You don’t have to talk dumb – you have ...