The Abbott virus was damaging to our collective soul, making us feel bad about ourselves, hitting us between the eyes with the bullet made of fear.
Nearly everything Mr Abbott did left people in despair:
- His first budget
- His onion eating
- His reintroduction of knighthoods, giving one of them to Prince Philip
- His winking
- His endless broken promises
- His hyper-masculine attitude
- His craven use of national security
- His national-flag obsession every time he had a press conference
- His instinct to treat opponents as enemies
- His instinct to divide the nation
- His inability to articulate anything remotely like a vision for the country.
Otherwise he was a great leader???